Thursday, September 4, 2014

(Microwave) Jalapeño Peanut Brittle

Excited to be posting my first blog recipe. It's about time !!!  And talk about an easy one to share with all of you. It's made in the microwave and in under 10 minutes! Hope you enjoy it as much as my mother and I do! This special batch I just made is being mailed straight to Huntsville, Arkansas just for her! Let's get down to business...

You will need: 
1 Cup raw peanuts 
1 Cup white granulated sugar 
1/2 Cup white corn syrup
1 large jalapeño, chopped, leave seeds
Dash of salt 
1 tsp vanilla 
2 tsp butter
1 tsp baking soda 


Combine the first (5) ingredients listed in a microsafe glass bowl: peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, jalapeño, and salt. Stir well. Put in microwave (mine was a 1000 wt) for 4:00 minutes. Stir. 


Put back in microwave and cook for 2:00 minutes. Add the 2 tsp butter and 1 tsp of vanilla. Stir and cook another 2:00 minutes. 


Add 1 tsp of baking soda...


Stir well....


Immediately pour onto a buttered cookie sheet with wax paper. Be careful. It's super hot. I had to use my oven mitt each time I pulled out the bowl. 


Let cool and then break into pieces! Hope you all, ENJOY!!! 

Note: please do not put brittle into the refrigerator to help speed up cooling process....the end result is Not a pleasant one. It becomes very chewy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment