Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

I have officially started doing the crockpot like twice a week. I think I will call myself a CROCKSTAR! :) Seems fitting....
Its just too easy, using the slow cooker or "crockpot." I usually have the crockpot liners but recently its been an extra expense, so its been looked over a lot. But I highly recommend getting them if you happen to see them and want to try them out. No mess! (or hardly one at all) I'm in!!!

So I am usually feeding 4-5 people who usually go back for seconds so this meal really goes a long way for your dollar. I truly appreciate the value a cheap meal that's quick but still somewhat healthy.
I steam some frozen green beans to throw on the side and toast up some garlic bread for a nice CRUNCH! Easy to cook up and Easy to clean up! That's my kind of Wednesday night!! 




Ingredients:

2 lbs. beef stir fry strips or cubed stew meat
1 can Cream of Mushroom
1 can Cream of Golden Mushroom
1 Large onion or two small ones, chopped
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup beef stock or water
1 cup sour cream
Salt and Pepper


Directions:

In the slow cooker, spray lightly with olive oil. Salt and Pepper your beef and throw into crockpot.

In a large bowl mix together your soups, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and stock or water. Pour on top of your beef. Mix well with a large spoon so all strips are covered. 



Cook on LOW for 6 hours.

Add 1 cup of sour cream and mix well. Put lid back on and leave for 30 minutes.

In the 30 minute wait for the sour cream to blend well, you can boil your egg noodles. Drain. and then add to your crockpot. Mix well! 


Enjoy!!!! 



Garlic toast before it was "toasted" 

5-6 slices of bread 
Butter 
Minced garlic 

Pop in oven under broiler for 5 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment