Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Butterscotch Cinnamon Pecan Swirl Cake

Holy Moly! If this doesn't sweeten up your hump day I don't know what will. Seriously. This recipe should be a deadly sin! I found this recipe at: 
I wanted cinnamon rolls but I didn't want to have to roll it or wait for the dough to rise....I just wasn't In the mood. But still my craving existed. Anyone who knows me well, knows I have THE biggest sweet tooth. It's no joke. I DONT mess around. :)  Boy, did this recipe hit the spot though. I never said it was healthy or anything though. That's why I mentioned earlier it being a deadly sin! 
So, I changed a few things about this recipe, of course to "make it my own." You should try and let me know how it turns out. :) bonus you don't even have to pull out your mixer! 





Cake batter
3 cups AP flour (I used organic) 
4 tsp baking powder 
1/2 tsp salt 
1/2 cup brown sugar or 1 cup white granulated sugar 
1 1/2 cups milk (I used organic) 
2 tsp vanilla extract 
2 eggs (I used organic) 
1/2 cup butter, melted (I used organic) 

Topping
1 cup brown sugar 
2 tbs butterscotch pudding (3.5 oz box will do just measure out what you need) 
P.s. You could add any pudding mix, chocolate, white chocolate, lemon ? It's endless. 
2 TBS AP flour
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 cup butter softened (almost melted)
1/4 cup chopped pecans 

Sweet Glaze  
1 cup powdered sugar 
2 TBS Milk or heavy cream 
Splash of vanilla extract 

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Mix all cake batter ingredients, EXCEPT for the butter!!! 
Slowly add butter in until well combined. 
Pour into a greased 13X9 baking dish. 
Mix together all the topping ingredients until well combined. 
Spoon the topping onto cake batter in Globs then swirl into cake with a butter knife. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until fully baked through. I wouldn't exceed 35 minutes. 
Mix together your sweet glaze ingredients. Set aside until cake is done. 
Let cake cool for 10 minutes. 
I used a fork and just drizzled the glaze over top the cake... Perfection in its finest form. 


No comments:

Post a Comment